An arya samaj marriage is a very good option for people who want to get married in short time, without too many rituals too follow. In an arya samaj marriage the wedding is performed by a priest in the presence of fire and other elements as the only evidence. Arya samaj weddings are considered to be very economical.
Many Love marriages are given the status of legal marriage when performed in arya samaj way. The priest performs the pooja in front of agni and people from the sides of bride and groom act as a witness to marriage.
However there are certain rules for the registration of marriage performed in arya samaj way:
• The minimum age at the time of marriage should be 21 for male and 18 for female.
• Two witnesses. Identity proofs of the witnesses is mandatory.
• Two garlands, two kilogram sweets and half kilogram ghee.
• Documentary evidence of Date of Birth of both the parties.
• Affidavits, each from the bride and groom, stating their date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.
• A copy of divorce decree/order in case a divorcee or death certificate of spouse in case a widow/widower.
• Four passport size photos of each.
• The affidavit must provide affirmation that the bride and groom are not related to each-other within the prohibited degree of relationship.